Monday, April 6, 2009

Industrial Training Online Log

Today is the 6th of April 2009 which means it's the first day of my Industrial Training in Uniten. Haha, on the very first day itself I slack around. Supposedly, I came at 8 a.m. but I only arrive at there at 9. I entered the office but I couldn't see anyone. I thought to myself, "Habislah, I've created a bad impression on my first day."

After messaging Foo, I sat down at the couch pretending to read my Soil Mechanics book. Hehe. Cover mesti baeeeekkkk punya!!! Then I got a message from Foo saying that he's in his boss's office. Then I went up to the 3rd floor, wander around then got back down. I sat back on the same couch and pretended again to read my Soil Mechanics book.

A while later I saw Afiq going for his Integrated Design presentation. He asked me to join him in the presentation room. Since I got nothing to do so I followed him. Tak sempat nak going out to the lift, I saw Shuhairy going to his room. Since I was assigned to the same room as he is, so I followed him to get my cubicle. (I should've followed Afiq. If I did, I would've got my job earlier and I would've have time to finish everything before we go for the meeting)

After I sat at my cubicle, Foo came by and sat at my cubicle. There are two empty cubicles in the room but only one is readily available for seating as the other has boxes on them. Maybe tomorrow I'll sort things out and make that cubicle as mine.

Since Foo had got the instructions from his boss Dr Lee and I haven't so I followed Foo to do his task of going to the BD lab and get the documents from the Research Assistants there. After we got back from the lab, I switched on my laptop and opened facebook. After doing few quizzes and showed Foo some of the videos recently posted here in this blog and also on Every-Rant-Counts, I began my search on info about Stone Column, the location of TNB building we're gonna have a meeting at and also about few landmarks in Petaling Jaya.

At around 1 p.m. Tn Hj. Sufian came in my office and gave me the tasks I'm supposed to do in the morning. So I did the job as fast as I could and depart for the meeting at 2.30 p.m. I thought half an hour is enough for me to get to PJ since I always make it to Mid Valley in fifteen minutes. How wrong I was. As I take the turning from KL-Seremban Highway to PJ, The road was jammed like hell. I had to inch my way until Mid Valley before the road clears back at Federal Highway. That time I rasa menyesal tak sudah for following my boss's advice to take that road. I should've taken the Besraya - Jalan Kuchai Lama - Jalan Klang Lama - Federal Highway stretch instead. Huh~ Takpelah… It's all in the past now.

I reached TNBT at around 3.05 p.m. and at that time only Shuhairy had arrived because he came from Sunway. I searched for parking spot and found one at the road side near Menara Axis close to the junction. So, I happily parked my car there and walked to the building. As I walked I realize that I was the only one in our convoy who parked at the road side. My boss and Foo all parked inside the paid parking space. Aah sudah… dahlah aku park illegally, overly exposed pulak tu. So I turned back to move my car elsewhere, but there's a problem. I cannot make a U-turn there an then because at the place where I parked, there's a divider at the centre and if I really wanted to turn around I had to 2 U-turns which is quite far away and given the PJ road condition, it's not gonna take little time to do so. So, dengan pasrah dan penuh harapan that the police will not come because it had just stopped raining, I walked back to TNBT to join the meeting.

The meeting went well without any technical difficulties but there's something funny happened. The guy who chaired the meeting was the guy who was in the same office with my boss back in 1987 but they never had a chance to each other until today. Yalah, one guy had to go to Sungai Piah, complete the hydroelectricity project and then came back and became a lecturer while the other one remained at the office and got promoted. Hahaha.

After the meeting our team head to Section 8 Shah Alam to see the site which we are going to work in. It is a yet to be commissioned substation situated on a slope which had failed. So TNB delayed the commission of the substation in order to let us do our study on the affected slope.

After the visit, we called it a day and head home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...