Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Industrial Training Online Log

Day Eight

8.30 p.m. ~ I'm still in my office.

Today has been a pretty stressful day for me. Not because I had a lot of work to do but for being in a very tight position. So tight in fact that I almost choked myself. Came to the office in the morning in the heavy rain. But, I'm not as gloomy as the weather as I was in full spirit to work. I came earlier than others, stamped my attendance and got out to greet other people (who came later than me of course). Then I came into the office just to find Foo's leg all wrapped up. He said that he sprained his foot and could not follow me to the site.

As soon as I had set up my workstation, I went on to work straight away. Printed few documents and went up to the EAC room. Then I went to my boss's room to pass some empty files given to him by those upstairs. Then I went back to my office. From the first encounter with my boss, I started to feel that something is not working so well. My full spirit had spilled and now got only some left.

Shortly after that, my boss came to my desk asking about the task that had been given to me. I said there are some that I had done and some others which I have yet to complete since I've been concentrating on the ISO forms for the past 2 days. (Actually I don't have mood to open my Soil Mechanics book to search for the info. I was hoping that I could somehow magically get a copy of the soil lab manual which I can copy straight away). He asked me can I finish it by that day itself? I was not so sure that I can finish it in one day since it involves a lot of work and I kinda promised Dr. Lee which is my boss's boss to bring his PhD student to get some soil sample. The thing was that I forgotten to tell him on the day we made the promise with his boss. Then he started giving his lectures about him being my immediate supervisor and I had to report solely to him. He then tried to call Dr. Lee but the line was not answered. Then he said to me to try to delay the site visit.

I immediately started on the new task given by my boss but having not eaten anything since morning, I felt really hungry. Then Shuhairy asked us to join him for breakfast so I followed him. Foo on the other hand wanted to go see a doctor regarding his sprained foot so he did not follow us.

We went for breakfast at La Rizz in Sungai Merab. After I ordered so much food hen only I realize that my wallet got left in my car back in Uniten. So, terpaksalah Kamal (Shuhairy's funny talking friend) paid for us all. I'm really sorry for that.

Then Shuhairy brought us to see the property in Sg. Merab that he's gonna buy from his uncle. The plot of land still got trees (and lots of them) on it. So he told me about the planning for development of the plot of land and asked me if it's okay to do so. I replied that it depends on the area and that you have to conduct a proper study to determine that.

Later we went back to the office. As I walk to my office, I saw Mr. Haidar, the Iraqi PhD student waited in front of my office door. I was hoping that he would go to meet Dr Lee who is his supervisor but apparently he didn't. He had been waiting for 45 minutes in there to see me. I felt really guilty for him so despite the order by my boss to delay that visit, I decided to just go for it and make it a really quick one. I told Haidar that we kinda have a situation in the office and that I cannot be gone from the office for too long. So I brought him to Desa Malawati in Hulu Klang to get those samples. Actually I regretted taking the sample fron that site since the procedure are very tedious. But it seems that Haidar is really determined to get his sample. We got inside the project site through the gate at the back near the workers cabin. We then snuck through the dark alleys in between the cabins, walking past those indons singing karaoke while some others were eating. After getting our sample, we quickly fled the scene before the site supervisor realizes what happened.

While I was on my way to the site, I got a phone call from my boss. He sounded really upset since I disobeyed his order. He asked me "Kan saya dah kata suruh tangguh? Kita tengah … blah blah blah and so on and so forth" He asked me about the moderator forms which I did earlier. I said that I gave it to Ridhwan and he put it in the shelf. So maybe he can ask Ridhwan. He then said "Takpelah" while sounded really frustrated. Haiiyooo… I feey really bad. My full spirit has now totally gone.

After getting the samples for Haidar, we quickly went back to Uniten where I drove like a madman. I almost met an accident where a car in front of me suddenly brakes hard that smokes came out from the tyres. Luckily nothing happened and I continued mt crazy driving until we reach Uniten.

I sent Haidar and his samples and head straight to my office. the time was 12.30 p.m. I quickly got inside and start to do my task of doing the soil test description.

2 comments:

rajans said...

JSR Solutions is a well known name in India, as a premier software development company. We have some very good names as our clients for example BSNL, Mody group of companies, grand group of companies, Indian Army, etc. From last many years we are continuously engaging students from various universities, Panjab University (Chandigarh), Punjabi University (Patiala), Mody University (Rajasthan) are to be named few for training. Along with training we had provided jobs to students also. Our training method was highly appreciated by students and the projects scored good position in the respective universities.
for more information please visit following link:-
free software training

Unknown said...

Thats Great. It is really useful.
We are organizing a special batch for taining of the students of final years of IT, CSE and MCA. Who are desirous of taking up IT as their carrier either in the designing or developemnt. We propose to have one combine batch for web Designing, Web development.
www.3gmanagement.in/ind_training.php

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...